Have you heard of the Liebster award? It is an award passed around the worldwide blogging community to help share and support one another, it also gives us a chance to get to know the blogger behind the screen and have a good laugh and relate to some of the answers. It’s a great way of connecting and bookmarking new blogs to follow.
I have to thank my friend Helen for nominating me, she also has been blogging at another gorgeous corner of the internet called Helarious. She is a talented floral designer and has started up her own little entrepreneurial business in Sydney, Australia. Please check out her work at Lime Tree Bower. And I’m so lucky to have met her through this online blogging community.
On a side note, I hope you all got spoilt rotten by your loved ones on Valentine’s day. And for those who are single, I hope you rocked it solo and celebrated with friends and family. Because Valentine’s shouldn’t be claimed by only couples…it should be shared by all. Hubby and I didn’t get around to our initially plans of picnic by sunset, only because I napped through it! We don’t usually stick to tradition about showering each other with presents and declaring out love on one particular day…we like to go renegade and do that kinda of stuff on a day we choose. We blame it on the commercialism of the event. Ha!
Ok….so now onto the questions I have been asked to answer:
1. Your favourite film of ALL TIME? My childhood brings me back to Empire Records and 10 Things I hate about you. I love these movies and watch them over and over again.
This is such a tough question, there are just too many to choose just ONE. Maybe I’ll just say
2. First country you visited outside of your birth country?
Australia, which is now my home. My parents migrated here when I was only 4 years old, I was born in Malaysia and still hang onto my Chinese Malaysian roots through my cooking and celebrating festivals.
3. Do you speak any other languages semi-fluently, or fluently?
I am semi-fluent in cantonese, I can speak short sentences but can never get the connectors correct. It is in me to speak, as I always have no problems when I go back to Malaysia. But it is about practise and how often I speak it. I also know a little spanish and japanese.
4. When was the first time you used the Internet and what was your earliest memory of it?
The earliest memory of using the internet, was when I had invited 8 of my friends over for a birthday sleepover when I turned 14 and that was the year 1998. We were all excited at the thought of online chatting, and would pretend to be one person to chat to guys on MIRC (Remember that?).
5. What’s the story behind the name of your blog, and how did you come up with it in the first place?
I had a few blogs prior to The Simple Chic, one that I used to write anonymously on to share my personal life, then there was Sew is Life, a tumblr blog where I shared my love of craft and sewing. The Simple Chic was a more ‘grown up’ version of me as a blogger. I really love design, art, beauty and entrepreneurship so I wanted to give it a name that suited the everyday modern woman’s lifestyle. Hence the Simple Chic was born!
6. If you could only eat one specific food item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Waffles, it’s bready texture and crunchy sides, and the endless choices of savoury and sweet toppings could never bore me. And I love breakfast, I would eat it anytime of day!
7. If you could go anywhere and do anything there, what would that place and activity be?
I would love to go to Antarctica and walk along the ice, watch the sun rise in the white frozen land. I have always been drawn to that place since I was young…and it may have to do with the fact I am in love with emperor penguins and just want to observe them in their natural habitat.
8. Would you rather visit the galaxy outside of planet earth, or time travel back to a period when dinosaurs roamed the earth?
Definitely get out into space! I have an inner geek that loves everything to do with the cosmos, stars, galaxies etc. I’m not so sure how I would cope with dinosaurs chasing me.
9. What was the main “dream job” that you had whilst you were growing up in school?
I really wanted to be an air hostess up till I was 12, there was something about flying in the air, staying at hotels and chasing adventure that seems to appeal to me. I never thought of the down side, like cleaning toilets, spew, rubbish and dealing with annoying passengers lol!
10. Coffee or tea?
I’m a tea drinker from the get-go, however I will enjoy a ‘great’ cup of coffee from time to time
11. Favourite flower/plant?
I have TOO many! However, at this moment I love Hydrangeas and Billy buttons (they are so cute!).
So now, allow me to pass on the baton…
And here are my questions
1. What is something that strikes fear in your heart?
2. White or black?
3. What is your hidden passion that not many people know of?
4. What name would you choose for your first child, or why did you choose that name for your first child?
5. Favourite place to visit and why?
6. What would you say is your signature style?
7. As a child, what did you want to be when you grow up?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What was the first music album you bought?
10. Tea or Coffee?
11. Road trip or plane trip?
Firstly to my husband who has needed a little encouragement to push on with his blog, he’s a little stuck
Second I wish to nominate fellow Perth blogger – Sass & Spice
Thirdly my award nomination goes to another Perthian – Reneehartsthis
I can’t wait to hear their answers for the list of questions I came up with. I love to learn more about the faces behind the blogs. We kind of know of them for their ‘genre’ of writing, but who is the personality behind the person?
Do you have any of your favourite blogs to share?
Have a great week lovelies!